Have you thought of taking a paid online survey? Getting paid for surveys in Australia has become a popular and rising side hustle. But do you have questions about the benefits of these surveys? Or their drawbacks? Is it safe?
To answer all your questions, we have created a guide about getting paid to take surveys and their pros and cons. Learn what is great about them and the things you should consider before launching in.
Getting paid to take online surveys
Paid online surveys are online questionnaires or forms used by companies to collect data from consumers. These market research surveys typically collect information about customer satisfaction, insights into consumer perceptions before a new company launches, feedback on products and services, ratings about new ideas or product features a business has, and much more.
Survey topics also vary. As an example, one survey may be about grocery shopping, while the next might be about your perception of recent election results, or exercise participation. Most of these surveys take anywhere between 5 to 20 minutes to complete. The best part? You will be rewarded for taking part. Depending on the survey company or app you sign up to, the reward paid to take surveys may be cash, gift cards, or points.
Pros of taking paid surveys online
There are many benefits to taking online surveys on a regular basis. When you get paid to take surveys online, the pros include:
- Quick money — When you get paid to take online surveys in Australia, it’s one of the quickest and easiest ways to earn some extra cash. Just by answering a few questions and sharing your opinion about a product, service or lifestyle choice, you can get paid for your feedback.
- Minimal time requirements — One of the top pros of taking paid online surveys is that they don’t demand a lot of time. Most of these surveys can be completed in 5 to 10 minutes. Also, you can complete these surveys in your own free time and get rewarded directly for the time spent.
- Make your opinion heard — Like reviews or ratings, participating in online surveys is a great way to share your thoughts and opinions about a particular product, service or brand to help businesses make better decisions. Knowing that your contribution might make a difference in the marketplace is a great boost as a motivated consumer.
- Convenient and obligation-free — Online surveys can be completed anywhere as long as you have access to a mobile phone, laptop, or desktop computer. They require minimal effort and can be easily filled up while you’re commuting home from work, taking a lunch break, or watching TV. This flexibility gives you a lot of time to decide when and where you want to complete a survey.
- Inclusive surveyee profiles — Unlike other gigs, participating in online surveys doesn’t require previous education, experience, applications or interviews. Survey sites are open to all, regardless of your skillset, age or professional background.
Cons of taking paid online surveys
But what are the pitfalls of these paid surveys? Do they actually pay? Are they worth it? When you decide to get paid to take online surveys, cons can include:
- Low payment — The thought that you’ll get paid to take online surveys is exciting for everyone. But make sure you check what sorts of payouts are offered beforehand — you don’t want to commit to providing hours and hours of time for minimal compensation. Some survey sites offer points as a reward, but think about what you can get with those points, and how many points you need to have before you can convert them to cash or a voucher.
- Qualification process — While anyone can sign up for a survey or research panel, many specific market research forms are based on particular demographics, across gender, age group, location, and many more minute details. This means not everyone qualifies to participate in all types of surveys.
- Repetitive — The expectation that you’ll be paid to take surveys is definitely exciting for everyone, but another con is that some surveys tend to be very similar in format. This can, on occasion, be repetitive – especially if you are participating in multiple surveys in a week.
Get paid by taking free surveys with Surveyz today
If you’re careful in selecting your survey site, filling out surveys can be a pretty neat way to earn some extra pay for your say. At Surveyz, we give everyone a real opportunity to earn some extra cash, paid directly to their bank account. Just create a free account and start your online survey journey with us today!
- All information collected is de-identified and aggregated.
- Your personal information is never shared with businesses we work with.
- Surveyz will never sell or market products or services to you.
- We pay real cash, not confusing points or vouchers.
- The security of your account and information is our #1 priority.
Still looking for more tips on getting paid to take online surveys and the pros and cons? Or do you want some extra information to help you with your online survey experience? Simply check out our FAQs or get in touch with the friendly Surveyz team today.